So I had a raspy voice & for a whole day I tried to tell myself it was lack of water, but by day 2 I couldn't pretend anymore, I had a cold. It started out with a scratchy throat & raspy voice but then the congestion & coughing started. I stopped the sore throat almost immediately with melaleuca (tea tree oil) by putting a few drops on the tip of my tounge (yes, it's nasty tasting), I swallowed repeatedly until the taste was out of my mouth. A few hours later my throat started scratching again so I repeated the melaleuca treatment. After the 3rd treatment it had cleared up completely. The congestion on. The other hand has been a little more tricky. I like breathe blend for congestion, but I also love eucalyptus! I rub a few drops on my chest & cup the remainder over my mouth & nose & inhale deeply. Now that will clear some sinuses!!! it also relieved my coughs. & while all of this is going on I added onguard to my aggressive defense, instead of rubbing the immune boosting, onguard oil to my feet each night. I started rubbing it on every few hours, if I can remember, to give my body the boost it needs to help kick the cold. By day 4 I'm feeling much better:-) good luck to everyone else during this yucky time. Onguard everyday is the best thing you can do to keep the illnesses at bay, but when they attack, fight back fast & often & you will win!
I love using oils during times like these because you can't over dose. You can reapply as much & as often as you feel you need. If you do not need it your body will flush it.
* nursing moms: my baby started getting a runny nose so I rubbed a drop of eucalyptus on my breast near her nose so she could inhale the aroma while nursing. Cleared things right up. If it comes back, I just do it again!

No comments:
Post a Comment