Monday, December 10, 2012

Nasty cough

So my family (not just me & my kids, but aunts, uncles & cousins) have had a terrible cough for about a week & a half now. Today I started my turn. Since I have a trip in a few days I've been trying everything on my kids & today my oldest was better!!! Now if I can just get the rest of us cleared up. I am positive that I can now:-) my SIL took her kids to the DR & they said its a 10 day virus you have to let it pass. But for her 8 month old they gave her antibiotics hoping there might be something else that they can fight:-(
Me I'm sticking with the oils. I don't have 10 days to let it pass so I'm fighting very aggressively. Putting oils on at least every hour or when they start with a coughing fit.
This is what I come up with. If it is a virus helichrysum is a good antiviral oil. If its bacterial lemongrass is good, especially for kids because its not hot! I would usually use oregano but its harsh on babies skin.
I start by rubbing breathe, melaleuca & white fir on their chest & back. One at a time, I layer the oils.
Breathe: open airways, help stop coughing
Melaleuca: fights infection
White Fir: for the pain (not a hot oil)
Then I diffuse onguard & lemongrass in the air with my diffuser or a tissue on the back of a fan, Onguard & Lemongrass help kill airborne pathogens & we inhale it into our lungs.
Then I made a blend I've been rubbing on our chest, down our back, bottom of our feet & behind our ears. I filled a 10ml roller bottle half full with fractionated coconut oil then added the following blend until it was full (I think it was 4 times maybe 5)
3 drops Helichrysum
2 drops Melaleuca, Onguard, lemon, lavender & oregano
1 drop thyme
I believe this blend was the turning point for verdis.
Good luck to anyone suffering with this awful cough.

No comments:

Post a Comment