I was recently reading up on some individual oils & I kept coming across this word "tonic" describing many of them. Now, some of you probably already know what that is, but for anyone like me that doesn't know, I thought it might be a good idea to learn.
Reading through several websites I found that when talking about a "tonic" in the herb/oil world what you are getting is a substance that has the capability to restore balance, or treat in multi-directions. If you have an over or under anything a tonic will balance it! For example say you have 2 people one with a high white blood cell count and one with a low white blood cell count. A tonic could be used for both instances because it would seek to balance. It would decrease or increase based on the bodies need.
Modern medicine looks for a germ & try's to kill it. A tonic, looks for imbalances in all systems, thus making an overall healthier you by enhancing the bodies natural defenses.
Just one more place natural remedies trumps modern medicine.
I knew oils had this capability based on my past uses, and now I know it's name!
No comments:
Post a Comment